Wednesday 19 December 2012

My Town / La Spezia / Italy

I live in La Spezia, a small town near Genova.
My town isn’t very big, but it is very cosyand quaint because there are a lot of shops, a lot of theatres, cinemas, swimming pools, museums(for example thCAMEC museum or Liathemuseum), bars, gardens and…….the sea!!! I love it because the water is so crystalline!!!
THE SEA
There is a beautiful La Spezia is very famous and well-known for its port and its Arsenal! Have you ever heard about it?
dock, where people usually walk!
THE DOCK
Chiodo,that is in front of the Arsenal! There are a lot of flowers along the dock so that you can enjoy their sight while you are walking!
There are a lot of monuments too, for example “the statue of Garibaldi” or the statue of Domenico
Domenico Chiodo…
The climate in La Spezia ismild…. It is a rainy city, but in summer the sun always shines and people spend their spare time on the local sandy beaches

The typical food of La Spezia is “mesciua”….. it is a poor dish, because,inthere,there are only cereals and legums!
But…….My favourite food is pizza…. It is so delicious I love it! In this dish there are cheese and tomatoes!
In my town a new shopping mall has been opened . Its name is ”Le Terrazze”…… it is a paradise for those who love shopping! There are 16 restaurants and bars and 90 shops! For this reason, even if I think that it is bewildering to shop there, I also think that it is a bit too crowded at week-ends!